Wednesday, March 29, 2006

But wait, there's more ...


Here's what's in and 'round my fuse box area. Structured CAT5 cabling (blue stuff) used for telco and LAN - but flexible enough to be used interchangeably; connected to separate punch blocks (black things).

Digital co-ax splitter (brass thing on top of fuse box) that splits inbound coax for cable modem/ISP access and digital TV. Signal attenuator (er?) (white thing top left corner) to boost digital TV signal so that I can send to digital TV splitter (grey thing top right) that sends cable runs throughout the house.

On the stand under that mess: cable modem, ethernet switch, wireless router, and LAN attached disk.

Questions? I didn't think so!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... did you design this into your house when you had it built, or was it an addition?

I'm jealous.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Tsaichotic said...

Nerds needn't put their hands up.

6:20 PM  
Blogger MiddleChild said...

Thanks supre. THAT was the response I was looking for. You other two are scary-nerdy - I think even more so than me for having that set up.

10:09 PM  
Blogger three A's mom said...

How geeky are you?
Take the quiz...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11977271/site/newsweek/

wxequn

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home